To make sure that the gloves are a comfortable fit, you need to find out your correct glove size. A well-fitted glove will ensure a better comfort and hence, enhanced performance. Using an inch-marked tape, measure across your palm. You should measure your dominant hand i.e. measure the right hand if you are right-handed and the left hand, if you are left-handed.
Here are the exact steps:
- Select the hand which is used most as that hand tends to be slightly larger.
- Using an inch-marked tape measure across the broadest part of the hand (usually below the base of the fingers), excluding the thumb
- Measure from the tip of the middle finger to the base of the hand.
- Select the larger or higher of the 2 measurements (recorded in steps 2 and 3). This is your correct glove size.
- The number of inches measured is the size of the glove i.e. an 8 inch hand measurement will mean that a glove size 8 is required.
The following is an approximate sizing chart for industrial leather work gloves:
|Circumference of the Hand in Inches||6.5||7||7.5||8.5||9||9.5||10||11|
|Circumference of the Hand in||-||7||7½ - 8||8½ - 9||9½ - 10||10½ - 11||11½ - 12||-|
|Circumference of the Hand in Inches||-||6||6.5||7||7.5||8||-||-|